I guess it was about three years ago that Will and I decided that if we were going to have BlackGuard printed as a comic, we really needed a logo to put on the front cover. Actually, to be honest, we may have come up with the logo a little earlier than that. That was sort of a long time ago and my memory’s a little fuzzy. I do know that, for some reason, we needed to come up with something fairly quick. So in about two days, I pushed this out:
That was only supposed to be a temporary design to use for printing issue #1. I always had plans to redo it, but then I got caught up writing scripts, redesigning our website, making a business plan, etc, and before I knew it, we had completed five issues of BlackGuard using the same logo. A new logo has been long overdue, and with us planning to start selling books on a larger scale this year, it couldn’t be put off any longer.
So Will and I have been tossing ideas back and forth for weeks now. I actually spent about a week working on another logo that followed the same theme as the original with the whole dog-tag look, seen here:
I was proud of this for about a full day until Will told me about an idea he had for a new logo. I was reluctant to accept that this new idea was better because I had put so much time into the first one, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized I was going to have to toss this design and start over.
So we now have a new design on the way. It’s most;y finished, but we still may make a few changes. We can’t show the full logo yet, but we can give you a glimpse of its basic form here:
We’ll post the final version once we’ve finished it. Peace.